Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2 43 Things and The New Year


Looks like going back to school is a top priority these days. Or at least for the people who participate on 43Things.com are making school a priority. Not surprising given the current economic climate. I remember hearing somewhere that the people having that hardest time are those who do not have a college education, and are largely coming from the manufacturing or service industries. {Can I cite this? No, not readily, but you dear readers are welcome to Google it and get back to me.}

So anyway, I am wondering why you have gone back to school

Here's why I have gone back to get a second M.A.:
  1. I'm interested in educational technology (my program is called Digital Media and Global Education)
  2. I want to diversify my professional skill set (My first M.A. was in US History)
  3. I think it is important to communicate in a variety of ways (blogging, video, twitter, images, web design...)
  4. and of course, last but not least, I want to earn more (cha-ching)
So please, leave a comment telling why you have gone back to school.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Christie, im getting my MA for many of the same reasons, but mainly to be eligible to teach officially, instead of just guest lecturing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting my MA to give myself more career options--I could teach at a community college, for example, or help the teachers at my school incorporate technology into their classrooms.

    ReplyDelete